Friday 6 April 2012

The Enquiry Desk at Pick Me Up 2012

A few weeks ago it was announced that I'd won the exciting opportunity to present my work to a panel of industry professionals at the Pick Me Up contemporary graphic art fair, Somerset House, London. Alongside leading illustrators, the panel included commissioners within advertising, fashion and publishing.




The presentation took place in the heart of the Pick Me Up exhibition space where my portfolio was projected onto a huge screen for the panel and Pick Me Up visitors to see!

After I'd nervously 'pitched' my work, the panel gave me advice on feedback, which was incredibly informative. Although it was the scariest thing I'd ever done I am so glad I plucked up the courage to do it. The Enquiry Desk team were super helpful and pulled off a fantastic day. It was really great to meet other illustrators too and it was really inspiring to see such brilliant work on show!



As my presentation wasn't until the very end of the day I had the privilege of watching everyone else present first. There really was some great work presented... check out their work:

Casper Chan
Anthony Atkinson
Sarah Dennis
Ruchi Shah

Mercedes Leon
Holly Maguire
Joanne Young
Rich Orr

Simon Cheadle
Belinda Chen
Dori Siraly

The Enquiry Desk produces events that bring professional help to creative talent. It caters for students, postgraduates and practicing graphic artists & illustrators who seek constructive professional advice specific to their work. Alongside bookable portfolio reviews, The Enquiry Desk delivers talks at academic institutions and designs larger public events on creative professional practice and relevant topics. Launched in 2012, The Enquiry Desk was founded by Josie Sullens and Zara Wood.

The Enquiry Desk is back at Somerset House next month, offering bookable confidential portfolio reviews on Saturday 14th April.

Learn more about The Enquiry Desk here

 --
 Images above: by The Enquiry Desk, and Pick Me Up and Rebecca Abell.



No comments:

Post a Comment